1. I have an obsession with winter clothing. I’m serious, it’s borderline on fetish proportions— and some of you guys know how much I despise that f-word. But it’s true! Hats, scarves, turtlenecks, jackets, sweaters… you name it, I love it. Which I always found odd, since I don’t really have any sort of love for fashion. Going clothes/shoe shopping is like pulling teeth for me… but not when it comes to winter stuff. Maybe it’s because it’s forbidden fruit— I do live in Florida, after all.
2. I am very good at killing mosquitoes, apparently. Maybe it has to do with all the years I’ve lived on an island. It has prepared me.
3. Pro-Wrestling nerd, thanks to my husband. And no, not part of “The Cenation”. That’s like the #1 thing men assume when they see a wrestling fan who’s a girl. One of my dreams is to go to Wrestlemania. And sometimes wrestling terms just spew out of my mouth.
4. Every single job I’ve had greatly differs from the next. I’ve had jobs in finance, education, culinary, janitorial, customer service… I can’t carry my skills from one job to another, most of the time!
5. Shadow the Hedgehog and Krystal of the Star Fox series are two characters I severely dislike and I still put in my comic. Hate them with a passion. They’re just “insert-this-person-to-save-the-franchise” type characters that get too much attention for the good of the series. But! I added them to the story anyway; not because they’re popular or because I felt obligated, but because I wanted to portray them as how I believed they would be if detached from their cliched source material. I discovered I could find them likeable if I put their personalities to the test and not have their world laid out for them on a silver platter.
6. I belch to the extent of epic, cartoony proportions when I’m anxious. Go figure, of all the ways I could manifest stress, I get the least womanly of them all.
7. My now-husband first got the courage to ask me out after he found out I beat his friends at Marvel vs Capcom 2 during a gaming party he couldn’t attend.
8. Webcomics and the occasional print comic (love the Green Lanter Corps) are the only fictional material I read. I’ve moved on to reading non-fiction, self-improvement books and I love them. Last time I fully read a fiction book what probably when Harry Potter was still going.
9. English is not my first language. It’s Spanish. We moved to the US and my parents needed to practice English, so we spoke it all the time after my preteen years. Now I’m forgetting Spanish because it’s been SO FREAKING LONG since I spoke it casually. Seriously.
10. I keep telling people that I don’t like or watch anime. I keep forgetting that Dragon Ball Z is an anime. I used to watch the SMACK outta that show. But then I started reading the manga to catch up (which I discovered I like better) after Cartoon Network kept showing the same episodes over and over and over and AAAAGH.